TERRIFIED mums and dads in South Wales are on high alert after two reported child abduction attempts within 24 hours.
Pupils are understood to have been targeted as they left schools half-an-hour apart earlier this week.
The first bid took place in the Porthcawl area on Tuesday, while the second occurred in Swansea the following day, Wales Online reports.
A young boy was leaving Nottage Primary School when a man made an attempt to get the lad into his car, it’s said.
The man said he was a friend of the boy’s mum.
He drove off when the boy hesitated.
In a warning to parents, teachers said: “We have been contacted by the local authority who have informed us that a pupil from a local primary school was approached by a car outside of school at the end of the day.
“The male in the car is reported to have tried to get the child into the car by saying he was a friend of his mother.
“The child looked at their phone and the car drove off.
“The incident has been reported to the police and we will be reinforcing age appropriate messages to our pupils.”
Rumours are now circulating online about a second incident on Wednesday at Clwyd Primary School in Penlan, Swansea.
It’s claimed a woman had been spotted “hanging around the school gates for months”.
This week, she made an attempt to take a child away from its parents, it’s claimed.
One social media user said: “Luckily, the parent acted quickly and got the child away from her.
“Later on the same morning she physically gripped a little girl from the school by the arm.
“She was trying her hardest to pull her away from the little girl’s mother screaming, ‘She’s not your daughter, she’s mine, she’s coming with me’.
“There were multiple parents, teachers and children present at this time and physically had to pull this woman off the little girl and mother.”
Sun Online has contacted South Wales Police and both schools for comment.
Source: The Sun