Phil Mickelson’s move to LIV Golf has lifted him earlier mentioned Tiger Woods as the optimum-earning golfer in 2022.
The Saudi-backed LIV Golf has disrupted the activity by splashing out substantial contracts to entice gamers from the PGA Tour.
Mickelson was a single of the to start with to signal up, for a noted $200m, 50 % of which was rumoured to be paid up entrance.
‘The limited game has been neglected’ – Tiger’s physical fitness fight has impacted on his touch, says caddie
25/07/2022 AT 07:17
The likes of Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeu and Brooks Koepka adopted, once more for huge contracts.
Woods is a billionaire and despite taking part in only three instances this year on account of a significant leg harm, Forbes estimates he has designed $68m in 2022.
The 15-time main winner Woods is the star figure in golf and is reported to have turned down an offer from LIV chief Greg Norman believed to be near the $1 billion mark.
Rory McIlroy has been an outspoken critic of LIV, questioning its structure, and he is one spot guiding Woods on the Forbes record.
Rounding out the best 10 are Sergio Garcia, Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed and Charl Schwartzel.
Along with Woods and McIlroy, Spieth is the only other player in the best 10 not to be contracted to LIV.
Forbes’ Best 10 earning golfers
- Phil Mickelson – On Training course $102 million – Off Training course $36 million – $138 million
- Dustin Johnson – On Program $68 million – Off Course $29 million – $97 million
- Bryson DeChambeau – On Course $66 million – Off Study course $20 million – $86 million
- Brooks Koepka – On Class $53 million – Off System $16 million – $69 million
- Tiger Woods – On Study course $43,500 – Off Study course $68 million – $68 million
- Rory McIlroy – On System $9 million – Off Training course $34 million – $43 million
- Sergio Garcia – On Program $35 million – Off Course $7 million – $42 million
- Jordan Spieth – On Study course $8 million – Off Course – $31 million – $39 million
- Patrick Reed – On Study course $34 million – Off Course – $3 million – $37 million
- Charl Schwartzel – On Course $30 million – Off System – $4 million – $34 million
‘Keep Cam and have on’ – Why Tiger should really be impressed by Smith’s maverick Open triumph
19/07/2022 AT 22:52
The Open up
A to Z of the 150th Open up Championship: Smith’s mullet, Rory’s in close proximity to miss out on, Tiger’s walk
18/07/2022 AT 09:09
Supply: Euro Sports activities